LATEST STORIES

Kcee and I May Come Back Together - -Presh


NIGERIAN pop star, Precious John, aka Presh of the famed KC Presh duo who seemed to fade into oblivion after his breakup with partner, Kcee is making a big comeback into the music industry.
The back-in-form singer has been asking all the right questions since showing up with two singles "Olegelege" and "International Lady" and look adequately poise to give the best in the trade a run for their money. Riding on the back of a mouth-watering record deal with Eric Manny Records, Presh looks like having path cleared to something great. The Akwa Ibom State-born singer in a chat with Weekend Groove tells of his new-found life, his music and his relationship with the Limpopo crooner, Kcee. Excerpts
YOU made a comeback to music after being away for sometime, why are you coming back at this time?
Well, it's not true that I have been quiet for a long time. I dropped a song about a year ago, but I just didn't stay to promote it. I travelled out of the country for almost one year. I went to Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and UK, so when I came back home, I knew that I had to study the market again before pushing out anything and that was exactly what I've done. Trust me, there's a masterplan and it will all start falling into place systematically.
Let's talk about your new single "International Lady", what's the idea behind it?
Well, the new song was inspired by what I see happening around me on a regular basis. The song "International Lady" simply talks about a professional lady, who really knows her worth and what she wants, the video was shot and directed by Sesan, and we went to different routes with the concept. So far since its release, the response has been awesome.

You recently signed a deal with Eric Manny records, what did they offer you?
Eric Manny is my boss. We have known each other for quite a while. We got talking and he told me we should do business together and make money. And that was how it all started. I am not going to disclose the offer to you, but I can tell you it's a good, mouthwatering deal. We have a great and cordial relationship. My boss is a boss that listens and carries people along.
Now that you are back, do you think you have what it takes to stay relevant in the music industry?
Yes, as a matter of fact it's a capital yes.
What stands you out?
What stands me out is my vocal ability and my style. What people are listening to right now is just an introduction. I would say it is just the starting of a long journey. By the time you listen to other songs I'll be dropping in the coming months, you'll be thrilled. I will be dropping more videos and evergreen songs.
People tend to compare you with Kcee, do you see him as a challenge for you?
Not at all, I'm on my lane and he's on his lane too, just like every other artiste. It's a big market so there's really no reason for competition at all.
What's your relationship with Kcee at the moment?
Our relationship is still very cordial. I remember I was on a radio show on his birthday recently, and I gave him a shout-out on air; we are still really good.
But what really went wrong, why did you guys part ways?
Nothing went wrong, we just had an agreement to pursue solo careers. But keep your fingers crossed, we just might come back together.
Are you working on something together already?
Not at the moment.
How did music begin for you?
It's a funny story. It's actually a girl that steered my way into music. She said I had a frog and toad voice when I was singing for someone. At first, I got angry and wanted to beat her up. So I later joined the church choir and I remember they put me at the back, I just used to make sounds, because what I did back then wasn't singing compared to what I know now.
So I began to focus and build my vocal strength. Later, I joined a group of six guys called "The Genesis". One day, Kcee came to join us, and he had this kind of reggae feel to his kind of songs while we were used to the pure gospel and R&B stuff. We thought it was a good mix, we came together and any time we performed in church it was always electrifying.
Do you do any other thing apart from music?
No, all I do is music.
If music had not worked out for you, what else would you have done?
It would have definitely worked out because music is all I know. As a child growing up, I always wanted to do music. Though at some point, I admired accountants because they always look prim and proper in their suits, but I knew deep down that accounting wasn't for me.
What was your childhood like?
I grew up in a ghetto in Ajegunle to be precise. My mum was making Fufu and I used to help her in selling and distributing it. I did more of supplying not hawking.
How did your parents react when you started music?
At first, my dad wasn't happy with that but when we became popular and money started coming, everything changed.
If you look at your career now, would you say you are fulfilled with what you've achieved so far?
No, not yet. There's a higher place I'm going, it's been my dream to be one of the people that will nurture new artistes to stardom. When I will be able to sit back and look at over 15 acts doing great and on top of their game through me, then we can start talking of fulfilment. I want to be able to help people and make a positive impact on other people.
Are you married?
No, I'm not. I'm not even in a relationship. All I see and think about now is my music.
So how would you describe your dream woman?
Well, my dream woman has to be pretty, humble and have a sense of humour. You know she has to be a balance between a good and a bad girl. Not too holy and not too spoilt, so we can both be spontaneous and do crazy things together.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

.......

LATEST STORIES

......

......

Contact Us

FOR YOUR ADVERT PLACEMENT AND PROMOTIONS, CALL +2347067049571, +2347030942382
e-mail: nigerdeltaent@gmail.com

Like Us On Facebook