LATEST STORIES

American Actress Nicole Scherzinger Recounts Her Traumatizing Experience In Kenya (Photos)


American recording artist, songwriter, actress, and television personality Nicole Scherzinger, has described her traumatizing but worth-while charity trip to Kenya back in 2015.

This American star embark on a charity trip to Dagoretti area of Nairobi, Kenya to shoot a film which was aimed at creating an appeal on behalf of United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).

Explaining her ordeal, Nicole said she mingled with children in the slums who had no one to cater for them.
She said; “I befriended children who sleep on the streets and spend their days in rubbish dumps, scratching a living by collecting bottles and cans, which they sell for recycling, and risking disease, violence and exploitation in the process. These kids have no one in their lives to take care of them. They start – at the age of two, three, four – fending for themselves on the streets.

“This trip was unlike any other for me. One night I was so traumatised by what I’d seen that I couldn’t sleep. I asked one of the girls from Unicef, who I’d just met that day, to come and stay in my room with me. I thought: ‘If I’m frightened here, in this warm, safe hotel, then how must these kids feel out on the street?’’.
That's a chick with a good heart










    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment

.......

LATEST STORIES

......

......

Contact Us

FOR YOUR ADVERT PLACEMENT AND PROMOTIONS, CALL +2347067049571, +2347030942382
e-mail: nigerdeltaent@gmail.com

Like Us On Facebook